Thursday 3 December 2020

Netflix and Prime Video - The greatest threat to diligent martial arts practice?

Recently, I've been doing pretty well with my baguazhang training. Despite being unable to attend class due to lockdown, I've been training at home pretty regularly. Aided to a great extent by my teacher generously spending a lot of his time creating videos to help us get the most from our training at home.

A threat to this progress, though, is the fact I have discovered a wealth of chop-sockey movies on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Despite having discovered this treasure trove only a matter of weeks ago, I have already gorged myself on such classics as "36th Chamber of Shaolin", "Five Deadly Venoms" and several Jackie Chan movies.

To be frank, I've surprised myself. Watching so many classic martial arts movies has me feeling like a teenager again. In contrast to training at home which, usually after about twenty minutes, has me feeling like a decrepit old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment