Sunday 8 January 2012

"I can eat more scran than Kevin Keegan can..."

Started the day with a large bowl of Sainsbury's High Fibre bran breakfast, with just a few sultanas added to taste.  This is the dietary part of my health kick.  Normally, I would skip breakfast.  But that is why my sugar level crashes mid-morning and I end up eating crap, or having my lunch early, forcing another crash later in the day.  Today, the bowl was huge and kept me really full all morning.

That morning included taking my six month old daughter to 'Puddleducks'.  She isn't exactly learning to swim there yet, but getting used to the water and accustoming herself to a swimming-like environment and learning important skills and body techniques for when she does start swimming.

The similarity between her Puddleducks/swimming and my Bagua/self defence is not lost on me. ;)

Early afternoon saw us home before north Manchester erupted due to the football derby.  I made lamb shank in a very healthy casserole which we had with kale.  Normally, we would have (lots of) rice or pasta with most of our meals.  However, we realise now that such a lot of carbs are unnecessary, and even a mistake, considering how sedentary our lifestyle can be.

After those very filling meals, I don't really feel the need to snack (though that wouldn't normally stop me), so we have enjoyed a cup of tea, and I now have a small glass of mead to congratulate myself on a good weekend. 

Tian gan exercises will be conducted before bed.  My teacher showed me another one that I took a particular shine to, as I could do it but immediately felt it working several important muscle groups.

Similar breakfast again tomorrow, with probably a chicken salad sandwich (no dressing) and plenty of fruit for lunch.  I am determined to make this healthy lifestyle reap benefits.  Though my weight doesn't exactly impinge negatively on my bagua a whole lot.  Having a bit of gravity to instill in my punches is a boon when my technique is still a little sub-par.

No comments:

Post a Comment